Monday, October 19, 2009

Kitchens in the interior



19/10/09
Today I took the bus to somewhere in the middle of nowhere. So now I am at a construction camp in the desert. I will do some auditing on hygiene matters in kitchen around the sites here.

20/10/09
I visited three camps today. The second camp, in Wadi Musallem was terrible. It is pretty remote from the already remote area of Qar Na Alam, where we stay overnight. The kitchen was understaffed, a mess and and not well equipped. I feel sorry for the su
pervisor there. But it doesn't seem to be a location with a very high priority for both the client and my company. The kitchen here though is definitely the best I have seen here in the interior yet. Well equipped, well maintained, well staffed.

But of course you are more interested in reading adventurous stories about traveling through the great hazardous desert and wilderness.
Well I have took some nice pictures as you can see


About the one with the exhaust pipes here, I figure that has something to do with the oil production in the area.











he picture of the sun was taken from our car and
it is actually the same the sun as you have there.














The one with the camel made me smile. I am still waiting to see a camel with a car on its back... En voor alle mensen die denken dat ze een onderscheid
maken tussen Dromedarissen en Kamelen, vergeet het maar. Het heet hier gewoon een Kameel. De twee bultigen komen niet eens in de Golfstaten voor, daarvoor moet je meer naar kouder Azie.






And the one with the desert. Well, what can you say... It's a she... and her name is Sandy






1 comment: