Friday, October 16, 2009

The sheep

Yesterday I organized a BBQ on the beach for Al Athnain employees (my company). We went to Al Qu'rum beach. Too bad the sun sets already at 6 'o clock. So it was already dark when we got there. Anyhow, with about 20 people we had a good bbq. It was nice to be around people from work outside of the working context.

In preparations for the bbq by the way we went to a slaughterhouse, bought a Somalian sheep and and left to do some other shopping at Luly Hypermarket in the Bousher area. Coming back after halve an hour at the slaughter house we found our sheep hanging upside down, the tongue hanging out of its mouth, killed and completely skinned; ready to be butchered. So as I stood two feet away from the butcher I instructed him how to I wanted the cuts and he gave me a demonstration, "how to butcher a sheep in 10 minutes?" Interesting notion, when I looked at the small heap of organs on the table I noticed the heart still beating occasionally. In my head I immediately started singing Michael Jackson's 'Beat it', in the futile hope to extend the heart's lifespan a little bit. Helas, the sheep was dead.. but ready to be eaten :)






No comments:

Post a Comment