Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Today I moved to my new apartment. I left the guesthouse. This is a nice apartment and we are still working on furnishing it. I picked some nice stuff from a local furnishing company here. The kitchen and bathroom are in need of some remodeling so I hope that that will happen soon too. But things tend to take a little more time here than I am used to. But hey, maavi mushkaalaa; no problem.
Also today I had diner with Naseem , Senior Personnel Manager (blah blah titles...) and his family. They are so kind. His brother in law was also there. Mehmood. Great guy, 28 years old, intellegent, so perfect for discussion and interesting conversations. We talked about Islamic beliefs and how it differs from the Bible. It is actually quite puzzling to me. They believe in Jesus Christ as a prophet of God and not as his Son. Of course I knew that, but I didn't know that they believe that is will come back on Judgment day. There, from what the tell me, He will have victory over the anti christ. Also they told me that they believe that the Bible is not true because it was altered. And of course the Qu'ran is not. What I didn't know was that for Muslims it is okay to marry a Jew or Christian and it is not necessary for them to convert to Islam, since they believe that God is the same as allah. I don't know though what to make of all this. I am interested to knowing whether that argument of the altered Bible is widely accepted and what the content of that argument is. So who changed what etc. Moreover, it is weird hearing Muslims speak about Jesus Christ to. Like they also know him. But different. Almost like, hey, your not supposed to know anything about him because "Jesus belongs to us"...All in all, for me it makes it all much more relevant to learn more about Jesus Christ. In a strange kind of way it seems to become more relevant to really finding out what Truth is about God. I mean, with people that don't believe in God at all, I experience the discussion to be so much more different. I'll keep you posted on this.


Yesterday by the way, I met two people at the Food expo. They are from Italy and I had good contact with them soon after meeting them. We had some laughs and it was good spending time with them. Afterwards we had a great seafood diner at the adjacent hotel. Very nice. So thanks to Elena and Flavio! They made the day yesterday.

Btw. My story of last weekend is still in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment