Monday, January 25, 2010

Working and living

So today I went to Yiti. We have a camp there. Eleven o' clock we left and it was an hour and a halve drive through a really nice hilly area. Every turn we took (there were many sharp turns) surprised us with a new view, like donkeys on the middle of the road. The hills are also kind of greenish now because of the moderate temperature (27 degrees celsius) and it just makes things look so much more alive. It is also really good being out of the office. Sadly enough, and also kind of ironically, it is just is such a bad place for working effectively. Though I must say that it is getting better, I feel much less stressed than I did before.
Having said that (or actually typed that) I am actually seeing more the challenges in my work. And I am seeking more to face the things that I found hard before. An example is my graduation project. That was a great source of procrastination. Good thing is that after my holiday in America I found a renewed focus. I am happy that I see now that that is my reason for being hear and I am determined to succeed! Really that makes me happy and I actually see myself graduating in an odd 5 months. Looking forward I also don't really worry about working anymore. I was afraid before for working life and not knowing what I would be doing, but I'll be fine. Keeping that in mind and also believing that God is guiding makes me feel happy.
Now the next couple of days I will be busy prepare myself mentally for the process of starting to develop our own HACCP plan and prepare also for the meeting with an HACCP consultant.
Of everything I have learned already this whole HACCP thing seems to be the most practically valuable subject. With the training that I had I can really see this as a big challenge for the coming months...

Well talk to y'all later, I am going to bed! I'll post some pictures again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment