Tuesday, January 19, 2010

update on what's going on

Hey who ever it is that is reading this,

I just wanted to update on what is going on in my life here in Oman. Like a couple of months ago I am writing from the desert. I have spent the last couple of days in the Quarnalam area doing site visits with our General Manager and spending mainly our time talking to employees. Key element in the discussions with employees is that they want a raise in salary and that they are working to many hours a day; I don't blame them for it though. Every site that we visit also has some Food Safety issues (that is my job) that I need to take care of and I discuss them with the supervisors who most of the time are quite cooperative. Camp bosses, who are responsible for the camp from the client end, though tend to be less helpful. After making appointments and plans they don't normally follow up on it. Sometimes that is really frustrating but I am also learning to let go of things that I cannot control by myself.
So I go back and forth between being annoyed by how things go here and not really caring about it. It really is a good experience here in Oman, but I think I have written that before. Every day I know that from beginning and end my Father is in control and although I don't always feel that way I know that this is the Truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment