Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Growling and roaring

The big V8 engine was roaring under the hood of the black Ford Mustang 2009. A growling beast, dark as the night. Pumping gas and ready to take off like a jet. In the passengers seat of this monster I was enjoying sitting in one of the American trademarks of the road. And man, that was cool.
I mean, I don't necessarily, care about cars when I am just looking at them. And of course I am also making fun of show offs at the beach boulevard, but when actually having the experience of being in one, it is a whole different story. Then you just feel the comfort, the speed the excitement. And that makes all the difference. But only on the short run. And that is why I am happy that it wasn't my car. I mean, I got the benefits but not the cost :-). I like the experience of sitting in one and not having the ownership and responsibility over it.

But that was yesterday evening part one. Part two consisted of taking Younis his Jeep and cruising over the Bowsher Sanddunes. These are like 70 meters high and it is a thrill trying to make your way through the sand not seeing what is behind the next dune.
And the view is really nice. Looking out over the city. One one hand the mountain range and on the other the sea. A glowing city with lights from streets, houses and cars. A cool breeze and eating dinner at eleven at night. Too bad I did not bring my camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment