Tuesday, April 27, 2010

update

In the last couple of weeks I have been working on my HACCP plan. That is the assignment that I will complete for my graduation project. I think I need about two more weeks of work on that and then I am happy to be done.
Also I have been thinking about what I will be doing after I have graduated. I think before I was kind of worried about it but now I am pretty confident that I will succeed in finding a suitable job for me. Where or what it is going to be? Only God knows.
Then I went to the Royal Symphony Orchestra recently. I went there with Andy from church. Was pretty cool. I took a video and I hope I will update it at some point.
Furthermore it was my birthday this weekend. I celebrated it twice. First was with some people from work. They came over with soda's and snacks. We had a blast till two in the morning. The day after I had a great evening at my boss his house. He invited me to celebrate it at his place. Normally in Oman people don't have the habit of celebrating their birthday. But I guess I am a special case :-) It was actually great fun. It felt like I was at a children's party. Reason: it was Dr. Khalid's kids and some of his nephews and nieces. They bought a real cake with candles for me and the sang 'happy birthday', in which the happy sounds like "habby" because the letter 'p' is not in the Arabic alphabet. It was great celebrating with them. They even were so kind to buy my a present. A nice watch. But don't pin me down on never coming late anymore.

This week I am taking a training. It is a a level 4 in Food Hygiene for Managers. Very extensive. And a great learning experience. I think at some point in my life I could open up a successful food operating business... why not.

About 4 more weeks and I will be going back to Holland. I am looking forward to it. I have no clue of how I am going to spend my time there yet. I guess I will need to find a job somewhere for a while. I know I still have to finish a couple of subjects before I can graduate so that will definitely take some time. And also I am going to cook for a week at the Navigators retreat, which will be held in Germany this year. Pretty cool. Cooking for 250 hungry students. That is going to be soo much fun. And of course, hopefully will result in some happy and well fed people.

Well, that is about it I think. Feel free to drop me a line on my email. Or leave a comment. I love hearing from anyone reading this.

Oh, and last of all. Happy birthday to my sister. We both have the same birthday although there is a six year gap.

Salam and joy to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment