Sunday, December 13, 2009

Level 3 in HACCP

About a month ago I went for a training course that is mandatory for my work. It was the level 3 course for HACCP, an internationally recognized Food Safety course. So I followed the course for three days and then did the exam. Lo and behold. I passed with flying colors. I passed with distinction.

So what did I learn about myself regarding this matter. First of all that I do have the necessary personal characteristics for completing some sort of education. Secondly I learned that participating in training is a very good way for me for learning because;
1. They are often only for a short period of time which allow me to complete without getting distracted.
2. There is no further relations/obligations with the training center (opposed to a school)
3. The learned knowledge is relevant for what I am working on and can thus be applied immediately
4. There is a certificate is direct proof of the acquired knowledge and skills

So hooray for completing the level three of HACCP. Now this week I am attending with the rest of the HSE department the training for Level 4 in HACCP. It goes more in depth in the principles of HACCP and touches new subjects.

Now I also hope that I can do a couple of other courses such as intermediate and advanced Food Hygiene. It would make me very happy if I were able to complete these as well before I leave Oman. But lets first make sure that I pass this HACCP course.


For the rest... it is raining in Muscat. It really reminds me of when I lived in Suriname. Relatively warm weather and heavy showers raining down and blocking traffic everywhere. But it is a good change. It is really winter here... man it's cold... at night it even drops to about 20 degrees Celsius ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment